Ikaria - Mykonos Sail Dream on a luxury sailboat 5 to 7 days
Ikaria is such a special place that it requires at least a week of stay to see and experience it.
Ikaria is our favorite island in all of the Mediterranean. The people are very friendly and relaxed and the scenery is stunning. Beautiful mountains and amazing beaches.This island is the birthplace of Dionysus, God of wine and ritual abandon. The tour of the island with a boat will allow us to make a stop on the following places: Karkinagri - Armenistis - Gialiscari fishing port - Evdilos - Iero bay (Cave - bithplace of Dionysions) - Faros - Terma (termal baths) - Agios Kyrikos - Terma Lefkada (Termal waters in the sea) - Seychelles Beach (one of the top 10 in the world) - Magganistis Depending on the weather conditions and the group will there might be a chance to sail out to other nearby islands such as: Thimena, Fournoi, Patmos, Arki, Lipsi islands.
Group size from 6 minimum to 10 max.
Day 1 Boarding at Mykonos at 5pm
Day 2 Mykonos - Ikaria (7 hours at sea)
Day 2 - 5 Sailing around Ikaria and nearby islands
Day 6 Ikaria - Mykonos (7 hours at sea)
Day 7 Checkout at Mykonos 9am
Dates 2020: Please check for availability and exact dates and days at sea and onboard. 13 - 20 June 11 - 18 July
Prices : early bird prices for payments before 31 Jan € 1990 - 1 person in a shared cabin (2 sharing)
€ 2999 - 2 people sharing the cabin and booking together
€ 2500 - 1 person in a shared cabin (2 sharing)
€ 3500 - 2 people sharing the cabin and booking together
last minute prices when paid in last 2 weeks before the retreat
€ 3500 - 1 person in a shared cabin (2 sharing)
€ 4500 - 2 people sharing the cabin and booking together
* € 500 deposit per person
What do you get for your money :
* Swim and dive in crystal clear water * Understand basic sailing and seamanship * Overnight accommodation aboard the 51ft luxury yacht Bavaria 2018 * Make up a party of 5 up to 10 people * No sailing experience needed * Skipper and competent crew aboard for a safe and stress free experience * All taxes and fees
Not included: * getting to and from the boat to the airport/port
* your food/breakfast - you need to purchase the things you wish to eat and have onboard and prepare it yourself together with other companions of your trip. Water, some fruits and some dry snacks will be available onboard.
Please note: This tour will run with 4 people signed up. The group is limited to 10 on one boat.
If we have high demand we will get another boat for 8-10 people.
How to get there / logistics: Boat departure at 5pm on Saturday and return is from Mykonos Island on following Friday evening. Mykonos (JMK ) has many international flights. You can also fly via Athens or fly to Athens and get a ferry boat either to Ikaria or to Mykonos. Check the ferry boats times: travel.viva.gr/en Another option is to fly to/from Ikaria (JIK).
Please contact us to verify the exact dates of the boat being in Mykonos and Ikaria.
You may decide to stay an extra night or two in charming Mykonos or on enchanting Ikaria.
Also something to consider when planning the dates and flights, the leg Mykonos - Ikaria is a long one, can take around 7 hours which is not for everybody.
Note about sailing itinerary & sailing conditions
The itinerary are suggested and subject to approval by skipper who will be evaluating prevailing weather and sea conditions at the time of charter. Private charter vessels are not cruise ships and can alter point of call at any time during the charter for passengers’ safety and comfort. This is a sample itinerary suggestion which is not legally binding. All information is given in good faith and is believed correct but cannot be guaranteed. The itinerary that will be followed will be discussed by Charterer and skipper upon embarkation, every effort will be made to meet Charterer’s preferences but the actual itinerary that will be followed is subject to weather conditions and to the discretion of the skipper who will be considering passengers’ safety first. In case of really bad weather, when it is not safe to sail out we will still enjoy the boat, sleep onboard and during the day the organizers will provide excursions to places of interest,
This to bring/consider:
* Travel insurance - it might be worthwhile checking with your company to ensure you're covered for sailing activities or any last-minute emergencies,
* Travel dates - if your schedule allows it, stay an extra day before and after your trip.
* White or sailing shoes for the deck. Rock shoes - the rocks can be sharp and if you have some rock shoes, they may be a handy addition to your luggage (if you plan on a little exploring),
* Luggage - most people tend to over pack for a sailing holiday. You generally can pack on the light side, just remember your swimmers, something for the evening at dinner and a warm jacket. Soft bags are preferred on the boat as they're easier to stow away and cause less damage,
* Beach towel - We will provide bend linen and a towel, however if you’d like a beach towel it may pay to bring your own,
* Power adapter - it’s always good to bring a power adapter for any electrical items, including USB cords. The boat has 2 prong European power points, personal power banks are also a great idea to bring with you,
* Medication - if you need medication, remember to bring it with you, including seasickness tablets if you get motion sickness. It’s better to be safe than seasick!
* Music - pack your favourite music on your iPod or MP3 player and remember to pack your aux cable,
* Money - bring cash for dinners in town, as the island may not have an ATM or accept cards
* Shoes - any shoes with dark or marking soles and heels are not permitted on board. It would be wise to bring flip-flops or similar for the hot weather,
* Personal - Remember your personal toiletries, including shampoo and to pack your swimmers!
Other items guests like to bring can also include:
* Underwater camera or GoPro for creating a video of your holiday
As a complement to this retreat we recommend the following packages:
Bookings and contact:
Private tours are available by special arrangement for groups of 4 or more.
Cancellation/changes/no show policy: 1) Once you book your place / pay there are no refunds. It is a serious commitment to take part in the retreat. You should honor that and so will we. 2) If you can't make it to a selected retreat you can: a) find somebody else until 7 days before the start date, no extra fee required b) no shows with no notice equals in 100% fee loss.